First off, a little about me. I have always loved the earth and as I get older I want to do more things to help her. The wastefulness of humans is incredibly sad to me. I often get angry or sad about it, but I now realize that most people don't know any better. Companies work very hard to come up with "convenience" products for us. They make it seem like they want to help us by making our lives easier, but really they just want our money. In most cases, they don't care what happens to the products once they are paid for and in our possession. We assume that if it is sold in stores, it must be safe or OK for us to use. This is simply not the case. It is sad how wasteful this has caused people to become.
If you're like me, you want to be a better person. Back in 2008 I decided to include "helping the earth" in my yearly resolutions. I decided to give up using plastic shopping bags in stores. It is now 2012 and I have not taken a single plastic shopping bag from a store in all these years. Instead I use reusable shopping bags, of which there are many beautiful alternatives out there.
![]() |
| A snapshot of my treasury list on Etsy. Follow the link in the paragraph below to see these items. |
I created a treasury list on Etsy which lists many of the lovely products now available to replace wasteful reusables. Click here to see that list. Etsy is a wonderful community of artisans from all walks of life. People create anything from jewelry to dresses, candy to lampshades, and everything in between. It is a great resource to find beautiful handmade items that will enhance your life.
That's all for today.

No comments:
Post a Comment